History and Grounds
The school was founded at Stroud House, Grayswood, Surrey in 1926. In 1946 it moved to Zeals House, Mere, Wiltshire, and finally settled in 1953 in our attractive rural setting in Hampshire near to Winchester, Southampton and Salisbury. Hampshire. Highwood House is a beautiful red brick building constructed in 1850 by Captain Suckling (related to Lord Nelson). The house stands in 20 acres of grounds which include playing fields, a heated swimming pool, tennis courts, an all weather riding arena, stables, woodland, a narrow river, a natural pond and gardens.